Saturday, November 27, 2010

So much to be Thankful for..

Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday! I don't know why but I just love that I get to relax, make delicious food, hangout with the family and my anniversary is right before it! We have been married ONE WHOLE YEAR... no more celebrating months :)
I was telling Cory the morning of our Anniversary that our first year of marriage was wonderful. I don't think it was hard at all.. sure there were tough times but Cory is the perfect husband. He is always making me laugh, there to comfort me when I am having a hard time, and is the best listener :) He works so hard in school and at work, and does so much to prepare for medical school. I love him so much.

Well for our Anniversary we both took off work and Cory surprised me with a One Hour Couples Massage.. it was heaven! Then we headed out to Salt Lake to go to the Salt Lake Temple! Neither of us have ever done a live session before and it was a really neat experience. We then needed a little taste of home so we went to the Red Iguana for some good Mexican food. You see.. Utah doesn't have a lot of choices when it comes to Mexican Restaurants believe it or not :)

Cory also surprised me with a bouquet of roses.. he's perfect I tell ya!

Well I flew home for Thanksgiving Sunday night and the fun just continued. I did a terrible job at taking pictures while I was down there. I have so many pictures of babies and none of me and Cory or the rest of my family! When I first got home I was able to meet Kasey's new baby Annie, she loved me :)

Then Dallas and Colleen, Cory's brother and sister-in-law, had Mason Marcus Heal a few weeks ago so we got to meet him for the first time! He is so cute.
AND THEN... while we were home Dustin and Mandy, Cory's brother and sister-in-law had their baby Megan Sabella Heal and she is perfect. We are lucky we got to see her while we were home!
We pretty much held babies, played with toddlers, and hung out with our families all week. It was wonderful.
Now that Thanksgiving is over I feel like I can finally embrace Christmas. At my work not only do we do interior design but we are big on most holidays and not to mention Christmas. Christmas is CRAZY... like we have had it up in the store since Halloween! Anyways I thought it would be fun to give a little sneak peak of what the store looks like at Christmas time because people go nuts over it.

Till next time...Merry Christmas!!

2 comments:

Lachelle Merrill said...

okay 1st off your post is adorable & I absolutely LOVE LOVE you with short hair & 2nd...my love you look really good holding those little babies ;) love you tonz

Cami said...

Wow, yes you did hold a lot of babies! I love that Cory makes you so happy, you deserve to be happy all the time! Happy Anniversary!