Saturday, September 18, 2010

Guns and Mountain Men



For Labor Day weekend, Cory and I got invited by one of our friends named Lauren to spend the weekend in Wyoming with her family and some friends. We were pretty excited to go to Wyoming because #1: Neither of us have ever been there before, #2: She lives in a very small town, like population 1,100 people. Everyone knows each other and #3: Rendezvous, which is like a farmers market for Mountain men was going on. Look at exhibit A-

Haha, this picture cracks me up. Everyone was dressed up! We were able to go to Rendezvous, get some homemade root beer and Navajo Tacos and do some people watching. We spent Saturday morning shooting guns and looking for animals to kill.
Cory found a little prairie dog (just so you know he is not a violent person... in Wyoming people want you to shoot them because they dig holes everywhere!)
That evening we had a bonfire in Lauren's backyard. Cory and Lauren roasted some yummy hotdogs :)

When we first got there, Lauren told us that in order to be a "Mountain View, Wyoming Red Neck" you have to ride "The Elk". We ran over there that night and all hoped on quickly so that we wouldn't get caught. I was having flashbacks from high school when I used to run around doing mischievous things. Anyways, so I hopped on first and jumped off but....

Cory wanted to enjoy his ride... haha
We had so much fun in Wyoming! Thanks Lauren for inviting us :)



1 comment:

Mandy said...

I love the picture of Cory on the Elk! It looks like you had a blast!