It's beginning to feel a lot like Christmas... and finals
Hello all! Since Thanksgiving I have been pretty busy! I am one of the Activities Co-chairs for my ward here at BYU, and as soon as a came back from my break, I had to hurry and get things ready for my ward Christmas Party. Along the way of getting everything ready, we kindof hit a major bump. I guess the ward building we had scheduled had been doubled book by a home ward so I was in panic as I found this out 3 days before the ward party. Since we have an easier time of getting info. out about ward events than a homeward would, we decided to be the nice ones and move our party somewhere else... the question was where too?!! A really nice memeber of the other ward ended up finding us another place and in the end it all worked out perfectly! We had a dinner and a dance with a DJ. It was such a fun party and it seemed like everyone in the ward had a good time!
Some girls in my ward taking a break from dancing!
Well since the ward party, I have been studying a lot for my finals! I have to take five before Thurs. because I fly home on Wed. night! Mesa here I come. Anyways, because I have been studying a lot... I have been doing some fun things though to keep me sane. On Thurs. I was able to go to the Conference Center in Salt Lake to hear the Mormon Tabernacle Christmas Concert with my good friend Lindsey Hubble and it was amazing! I loved it and I wasn't sure if I should go because I needed to study but I am so glad that I did. At the concert, they had a guest singer named Brian Stokes Mitchell and he was so good. I would highly recommend listening to his songs.
So along with going to a concert, I have been hanging out with friends and playing in the snow :) It finally snowed in Provo again. The last time it snowed was General Conference weekend in October. So Saturday, my roommate Gabe and I had a fun time throwing snowballs at some of the boy's windows in our complex and at other people (We got plenty of snowballs thrown at us... trust me). We later that night devised a plan that we were going to pull a prank on some of the boys in our ward. We wanted to build a big snowman on their door step so we enlisted a bunch of girls in our ward to come over at 12:30 am to help us. Another boy's apartment in our ward ended up helping us as well and instead of building a snowman, we built a wall on their door step so that when they opened it, snow would fall in... haha. (we are still going to do the snowman idea someday:). Well after making the wall and sorta getting caught doing it, we had a snowball fight. I walked into my apartment at about 1:45 am, so cold and wet but had such a fun time so it was worth it :) Hopefully this week I can get all my finals done and still have a little fun before I go home to see my family and friends!!


3 comments:
GOOD times!!!!! <3 <3
oh emily that sounds so fun but it looks like you are busy busy!! can't wait till you get home :0
Hey girl!! I just followed your link from Melissa's! Looks like you are having fun! Just wanted to say hi!
-Alisa
Oh and here is my blog link too..
mattnalisa.blogspot.com
Post a Comment